.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Spittoon Picayune

When Toads Explode, We Are There.

Name:

This blog is brought to you by Friends of The Droolies

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Are you gonna finish that?

Usually, I am the last person to turn down a nice cold, frothy bottle of beer. Heck, I've been managing to drink 'em near warm since my fridge hasn't been working so great. And if somebody leaves a "dead soilder" on the table after a party, I have even been know to polish 'em off.

So who am I to judge a guy in South Kingston R.I. who, according to Eyewitness News WPRI, picked up a half empty beer bottle on the side of the road and slugged it down only to find out the bottle was filled with lye. Yikes. That's a pain that's gonna linger.

Like I said, who am I to judge? But I would like to think that my love of beer does have SOME boundries. Half drunk beer at a party? OK. Probably not the most hygenic move but, depending on your party guests, probably OK. Mysterious half empty bottle on the side of the road? Not to smart. Of course, if you were REALLY thirsty... but wouldn't you at least give it the ol'factory test?

I can't imagine this fella didn't at least give the bottle a sniff - he probably assumed it was an import. So maybe the bigger question is, what kind of asshole fills a beer bottle with drain cleaner and leaves it for someone to find? And why are police calling this a criminal investigation? I think at this point I am totally confused - better go grab a beer.

Read the original news article...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home